Composite Technology Development, Inc. (CTD) is seeking a Structural Analyst with experience in finite element analysis, composite materials, composite manufacturing methods, and design of composite structures. CTD is a fast-growing, vibrant, high-technology company developing innovative materials and specialized composite components for aerospace, energy, Government, and commercial applications. This position offers exciting product development and research challenges, excellent career growth, and promotion potential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing structural analysis including finite element analysis and hand calculations on programs concerning state of the art aerospace/deployable structures, pressure vessels, and other exciting composite materials projects. The candidate will work directly with Technical Project Managers and/or Program Managers within CTD’s pressure vessels, materials, and aerospace and defense groups. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects in a team environment composed of managers, other engineers, and technicians and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is encouraged. Work will include building finite element models of pressure vessels, mechanical assemblies, solar arrays, booms, and antenna systems. Analysis will include static, pressure, launch readiness, deployed modal, thermal, and dynamic response. The ideal candidate should be well versed in the use of a commercial finite element software (ABAQUS is preferred) and have practical experience analyzing composite materials, preferably within the aerospace industry. Experience with deployable structures, mechanisms, and pressure vessels are highly desired. Experience with SolidWorks® is a plus.
Specific requirements for the position include:
– Experience performing structural analysis of aerospace-related hardware including static stress, thermal, and structural dynamics.
– The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
– Proficiency with MS Office tools is required.
– Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
– Experience with finite element analysis for both parts and assemblies including static, dynamic, and thermal response is required.
– Programming experience with FORTRAN, MATLAB, or at least one other scientific programming language is preferred.
– Experience issuing analysis reports in the form of documents or slide-presentations detailing analysis assumptions, methods, equations, margins of safety, and conclusions.
– The ability to identify design revisions and/or improvements in design layout and convey them to responsible engineers and/or designers.
– The ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to junior engineers, in a multidisciplinary team environment.
– Proficiency in presenting work results through internal company reports, and external publications and technical meetings.
A minimum of a B.S. in mechanical, civil, or aerospace engineering or an equivalent degree with 3 to 5 years’ directly applicable analysis experience is preferred. Candidates with advanced degrees (M.S. or Ph.D.) with fewer years of directly applicable experience are also encouraged to apply. The applicant must have strong engineering analysis and composite structure design and analysis skills. The applicant must have demonstrated personal initiative, innovative thinking, and problem solving capabilities. The candidate must be responsible, self-motivated, and able to work closely with other senior engineers and program managers. Other important skills include the ability to interpret experimental and analytical results, to work closely with other senior team members/program managers to define tasks and review task progress, hands-on composite experience, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
CTD is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, along with career growth potential. We are located in Lafayette, Colorado, between Boulder and Denver, along the beautiful Rocky Mountain Front Range. U.S. citizenship or Resident Alien status is required.
Qualified candidates should reply by e-mail to: email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes. Reference the Structural Analyst position in the subject line of your e-mail. Include an attached Word or PDF document composed of a cover letter and a resume. In your cover letter please detail your specific expertise as it relates to the above listed responsibilities.